KitchensFive tips for a masterful bath remodel
May 29, 2018
Consumer Reports offered its readers five tips for choosing ways to remodel your bathroom that will increase both your pleasure and return on the investment.
- Bathrooms have replaced kitchens as the most remodeled room in the home—their smaller footprint and lack of pricey appliances make for a less expensive project.
- The total project, including materials and installation, should cost no more than 5 to 10 percent of your home’s value
- You can find many ways to stretch your dollars!
- Palettes that create a calm, spa-like atmosphere are favored, especially in the master bath
- The enthusiasm for gargantuan whirlpool tubs with massaging jets has cooled considerably… using that space to create larger showers
- latest trend is to make the commode as unobtrusive as possible
- Create layers of light